text, no JavaScript Log in  Deze pagina in het NederlandsDiese Seite auf DeutschThis page in EnglishCette page en FrançaisEsta página em Portuguêstop of pageback

People | Events/ Backgrounds | Resistance groups | Cities & Towns | Concentration Camps | Valkenburg 1940-1945 | Lessons from the resistance |

previousback Indexnext

Memorial on the Minderbroedersberg, Maastricht

Original size 1600 × 1856 px

In Maastricht, next to the main building of the university, there is a memorial with names and, at the left side of these, the following text: “On this site there was a Franciscan cloister from 1865 to 1970. In 1941, the building was confiscated by the German occupiers and converted into a prison. In April 1942, the OD trial of Maastricht took place in the refectory of the cloister. After being sentenced to death, twenty-four resistance members were taken from here to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp (Germany) and murdered there in the early morning of May 11, 1942. Their names are listed here.”

Open Street Map

Album : Resistance

zoom 37.5%