Menu text, no JavaScript Log in  Deze pagina in het NederlandsDiese Seite auf DeutschThis page in EnglishCette page en FrançaisEsta página em Portuguêstopback
f
back Index

Memorial on the Minderbroedersberg, Maastricht

Original size 1600 × 1856 px

In Maastricht, next to the main building of the university, there is a memorial with names and, at the left side of these, the following text: “On this site there was a Franciscan cloister from 1865 to 1970. In 1941, the building was confiscated by the German occupiers and converted into a prison. In April 1942, the OD trial of Maastricht took place in the refectory of the cloister. After being sentenced to death, twenty-four resistance members were taken from here to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp (Germany) and murdered there in the early morning of May 11, 1942. Their names are listed here.”

Album : Resistance

zoom 37.5%