text, no JavaScript Log in  Deze pagina in het NederlandsDiese Seite auf DeutschThis page in EnglishCette page en FrançaisEsta página em Portuguêstopback

People | Events/ Backgrounds | Resistance groups | Cities & Towns | Concentration Camps | Valkenburg 1940-1945 | Lessons from the resistance |

previousback Indexnext

Resistance Memorial. Center wall with Our Lady of the Good Dive

. [1]
The chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of the Good Dive. On the middle wall there is a picture of this symbol of the people in hiding in Limburg, also known as divers. It was invented by Lodewijk Bleys [2] from Roermond. Next to it the later added names of fallen resistance fighters. A poster was made of this symbolic figure, which many people in hiding (dutch: onderduikers) [3], including non-Catholics, hung above their beds.
Source of the picture: wikimedia [5]

  1. The names on the walls of the memorial
  2. Lodewijk Bleys
  3. onderduikers
  4. delpher.nl Limburgsch dagblad 01-09-1956
  5. wikimedia Category:Provinciaal verzetsmonument Limburg



../verzet/index.php?lang=en

Album : Resistance

zoom 100%